Friday, June 1, 2012

Scotty Border Cane

First of all I must tell you what a THRILL it was to have my Border Canes featured on Polymer Clay Daily.  The response was amazing, I usually get 50 to  100 hits per day on my blog.... it's just a little blog that I do for myself, my family and friends.... so it was very exciting to see close to 5000 hits in one day.

Wednesday morning started like any other day, I fed the cats and the birds, I got my coffee and toast and settled in front of the computer to make the morning rounds... our Etsy shops, Polymer Clay Central, Facebook, Flickr, the newly added PCAGOE Forums and then my blog. What the heck!!   I almost choked on my toast when I saw all the comments on my blog,  I scurried over to Facebook where a friend had posted a link to MY BORDER CANES on Polymer Clay Daily..... I checked my email and the activity was mind boggling..... WOW!!  I returned to the blog and began reading all the lovely comments out loud to my feline friends, they were as impressed as I was.... I'm pretty sure I saw new respect in their eyes... well at least Fritz, he cocked his head to the side and gave me one of those "way to go" looks ( I suspect he thinks he's a dog) .... Corny, not so much.... she doesn't hang out in the clay room with me like he does,  she doesn't have a clue how much work goes into making a cane...it is beneath her, she has more important things to do.... her response, as she opened one eye... was more like "what are you babbling about now?"  She is really quite a snob!

The real fun began when my daughter arrived, she can read and talk...... and I don't have to bribe her with cat treats.... although an occasional cookie comes in handy.

In case you missed it here is a link to Polymer Clay Daily

Border Cane Tutorial on Polymer Clay Daily

When things calmed down I took a photo of a few beads and a bracelet I made using the Border Cane in the tutorial.  It's almost YaYa time .... this year I'm giving the ladies bracelets.



Then I made a Scotty Border Cane.  This was an experiment, the next one will be better. I'm not satisfied with the background, I should have kept it simple, maybe a marbled look would be better plus there are a couple booboo's on the Scotty.  With the top Border Cane I didn't run the row of scotties through the pasta machine but I couldn't resist.... the lower Border Cane shows the elongated scotties after going through the pasta machine.


I still play in the yard every day. The lilies are now in bloom. They are so pretty, I just wish they lasted longer.  Orange ones are under my clay room window.


Yellow ones in the side flower bed, they look pretty with the hydrangea,  I can see it from my window too.



My son gave me this pretty glass birdbath for Mother's Day. Right now it is sitting by the gazebo, it looks pretty under the hanging basket but doesn't show up well from a distance so I think I will move it to the back garden.


I gave the gazebo a trim, those trumpet vines grow really fast, it looks much better now.



Corny kept watch from her favorite spot inside the gazebo, she pretended she didn't know I was taking her picture... she is such a stinker!


That is it for today.... time to play with clay.

Thanks for stopping by.





18 comments:

  1. Wow!! That is so wonderful! Congratulations!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moley Girl. Is there no end to your talents? Yikes, now I really will have to try that. Your bracelet is absolutely breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Scotty cane is wonderful Aunt G:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Flo, Scotties are such sweet little critters. He was fun to make.

      Delete
  4. Love the Scottie border cane too! Congratulations on being featured on Polymer Clay Daily...pinned your tute on my Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lupe, it was a thrill to be on PCD. Thank you for pinning my tute, I pinned it too. BJ

      Delete
  5. Fantastic flowers. The glass birdbath is beautiful (put some water in it!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. BJ, those are gorgeous. It's time you move to Arizona by us so you can come to our guild. Lupe and I would love to have you here. No more shoveling snow. LOL

    Congratulations on your big day on PC Daily. Well deserved. Your work is great and the fact that you share is even greater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie.... I would LOVE to move to Arizona.... somewhere near Sedona, that would be heavenly!! Maybe someday, who know? BJ

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your well deserved PCD feature! Love your Scottie cane, it really looks like a scottie. What a beautiful garden and the birdbath your son got you is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anita, it was such a thrill to be on PCD. I was in good company, I remember when you gorgeous necklaces were featured.

      Delete
  8. Totally cool and totally deserved, kiddo! :) I love that bracelet!! Also totally cool. Lucky YaYas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie, the YaYa's are my testers. they wear my jewelry and let me know how it holds up... so far no complaints.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on the feature in PCD, very well deserved!!

    That Scottie cane is awesome, I love it. Your yard is so pretty, love all the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trina, I appreciate the kind words. All the pretty colors in my yard are a wonderful inspiration. BJ

      Delete